Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

This Blog, Award nomination, Beowulf, and a Timely Article

Life changes, so must the blog. But I've always wanted the blog to be about deep-current human issues rather than the surface stirrings of gossip and wonders of the moment. I wanted discuss, not exhaust, topics.

I should be more consistent with a post on Friday (poetry) and one on Monday (fiction). If I have something small or extra, I'll slip it between on Wednesday. This seems a manageable schedule.

#

In 2019, I had few publications, but this brief one at quatrain fish was recommended for a Pushcart prize. If you page down, there should be another brief poem. They came from my long days and nights of driving around the countryside.


George Packer at The Atlantic Monthly penned this glorious article about the downward trend of American Letters and points at what he sees as the culprit.


No comments:

Post a Comment