Cat Rambo and Luc Reid on writers' workshops
Michael Swanwick on knowing your audience.
Nicholas Sparks on writer's block
John Steinbeck's Writing Tips
Hal Duncan's Writing Tips (some seem real, others tongue in cheek--language caution)
James Van Pelt on being a serious writer
David Farland offers 16 hours of audio writing advice for $100 and you help support writers.
- Elsewhere, Farland on getting your goals right
- advice on advice
- on editing novels
- on your path to writing
- on character traits (I don't think this is prescriptive but things to think about)
- on details:
- "When your story starts, your reader does not know when it is set, or where it is set. So begin feeding them clues immediately."
- on if/when to go "indie" publishing
- on endings
- on the virtue of the incomplete sentence
- find your talent
- on writing whatever scene grips you