Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

On Stephen King

I haven't had a favorite novel, but I believe my favorite story of his was "The Raft", which I recently saw had been up for a Locus award.  I should reread it to see what I think now.

Richard Thomas lists his top 11 Stephen-King essentials. 

Gilbert Cruz ranks all of Stephen King's books.

As the above two confirm, in my ongoing anecdotal survey, The Stand is consistently ranked #1.

It is to be two films.  The first half of the first movie was indeed spooky.  The second, less so.  It will be interesting to see how this one fairs.

Stephen King: How I wrote Carrie:
"The author describes the inspirations for his first novel, and how the horror landmark – 40 years old this week – was very nearly destroyed."


No comments:

Post a Comment