Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2022

Virtual Reality: Facebook's Metaverse + R. R. Angell's Best Game

 Here's a summary on or an edited version of Facebook's Metaverse without distorting their perspective:


Here's a proponent who loved it. 

Note: there was a con-Metaverse video that joked about it as an apocalypse, etc. But the distortion was too great to present. One should be able to come up with their own con-list by watching this pro-Metaverse video:

Genevieve Bell at MIT Technology Review presents a historical view, crediting Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash as the inspiration that kicked it off.

Have I said I love Snow Crash? I love Snow Crash. One of the great novels in the field.

#

I would be remiss if I did not recommend Best Game Ever: A Virtuella Novel by R R Angell.  Angell's work has appeared in Asimov's and Interzone. This nearly 500-page novel sweeps you away that seems a possibly prescient future with a world that felt real. 

 I normally notice the length of novels. I did not here. However, I was unconvinced by the first beau, which I think should have edited down. But other than that I recommend this work to anyone interested in AI or virtual reality. I hope to do a longer review later.

Best Game Ever: A Virtuella Novel by [R R Angell]

No comments:

Post a Comment